FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is Nutritional Therapy?
- How can NT help you?
What is Nutritional Therapy?
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutritional science in the promotion of optimum health and peak performance and disease prevention. Nutritional therapy encompasses the use of carefully compiled recommendations for diet and lifestyle in order to alleviate or prevent ailments and promote optimal health.
These recommendations are carefully tailored to consider each client’s individual requirements and may include guidance on:
- Promoting general health
- Methods to support digestion and absorption
- Avoidance of toxin and allergens
- Appropriate use of supplementary nutrients.
In the consultation your Nutritional Therapist will seek to identify what elements of your diet, lifestyle or other factors may be contributing to your symptoms and ill-health. The initial consultation may take 1 – 1 ˝ hours, during which time a thorough analysis of your current diet and lifestyle is performed. The Nutritional Therapist may then recommend further laboratory tests to determine levels of nutrients, hormones, possible food allergies or intolerances.
Individualized programmes involve diet and lifestyle changes, using foods and specific nutrients as appropriate to help you achieve your optimal health, energy levels and feeling of wellbeing.
How can Nutritional Therapy help you?
As nutrition is a fundamental requirement for good health, optimising nutrient intake is li kely to be of benefit in the management of most health problems. Nutritional Therapy is suitable for both children and adults and has been shown to be beneficial for many conditions, including:
- Digestive disorders: constipation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), bloating, gastric reflux
- Low energy, poor vitality, tiredness, food cravings, low blood sugar
- Hormonal imbalances: premenstrual syndrome (PMS), polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, fertility problems, menopause
- Skin disorders: acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Migraine headaches
- Metabolic Syndrome (weight gain / obesity, raised cholesterol, insulin resistance and high blood pressure)
- Food allergies / sensitivities
- Mood disorders: anxiety, depression, stress
- Respiratory disorders: sinusitis, persistent runny nose, asthma
- Attention deficit & hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyspraxia
- Recurring thrush, cystitis
There are many more questions that arise regarding Nutritional Therapy. Please ring us at the number listed in Contact Us to discuss any individual questions you may have. Should we not be able to answer your call please leave a message and your call will be returned.
Cleansing and detoxification are big buzz words for the past few years. There is much more to cleansing that going on a juice fast. Different health conditions require different approaches and often times I get people coming into me who are a mess because they are cleansing-the wrong way. If you are already not functioning at optimum level then chances are a cleanse will help you but going about it the wrong way can EASILY make you feel much worse than better. There is preparation required before undertaking a cleanse. Equally important is making sure it's the right cleanse for your healing. I'm happy to assist you as I truy believe cleansing is the ultimate gateway toward great health!